Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You

I find it amazing that almost a year ago, I was musing with my epiphanies of self-indulgent greatness with this post that I personally think is the best that I have written. That despite the fact that the scale of accomplishment and failure tips on the former rather than the latter, what I have achieved for the past year is something I could definitely be proud of.



Looking back, the three words that sum up my dreary almost non-existent life is nursing, sleeping and eating. The thing that fuels my existence, aside from my pay check, is personal satisfaction. I made things possible without a special someone, a trophy person, dare I must say, to celebrate with my victories and empathize with my defeat. To quote;


(3) My ideal guy is just around the corner, and sooner or later, he’ll get to find me. It’s just that we’re both busy chasing our dreams that our lovelives is a little haywire. After some readjustments of goals, he’ll come to me, and we’ll live happily ever after.

Fast forward a few months of waiting, just when I thought that I have given up on love (again), a special someone comes in the form of an amazing, understanding person. I might have had a notorious reputation of finding my loved ones in the most inopportune places (only if you consider ONS’s as inopportune), this time, I thought that this could be it. I told myself that there’ll be no pressure this time. “Let’s see” has become my personal mantra. And time has become my friend instead of my foe.

Before, my weekends are filled with night outs with friends with the aim of spying potential lovers that would pass our ways. Looking at couples not only enliven my angst on love but also rouse my relentless homicidal ideations and murderous tendencies. I channelled my inexorable libido into my personal work, and even started a new hobby in taking photographs.



But then this person came. And I was inspired. My weekends are now filled with intense lovemaking sessions (hahaha) and I no longer feel the existential angst for lovers walking as if they’re the only people in the world. I no longer dread the pity talks. The self-help books will have to go for now. And I will no longer watch movies alone.


Though everything is still far from the hedges of roses that I have envisioned before and am still envisioning now, the fact that I did not spent Valentine’s Day alone is enough blessing that I should feel thankful for.

Images from my friend K's multiply account.

11 comments:

Dabo said...

this is just so sweet.. stay in love...nurse ruff

lucas said...

wow...love-making sessions...hehehe :P

good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Waw. sweet.

jericho said...

wow nursie ruff.. this is a post from Cloud 9.. hehehe

ruff nurse-du-jour said...

@dabo: i will, dave. i'll do my very best.

@lucas: oops, spoke too much.

@bino: it kinda is.

@jericho: must be the weather. sings "heaven, i'm in heaven..."

lucas said...

yeah...i remeber how passing those exams felt like...

as if i was in vacuum for 5 minutes. hehehe!

goodluck on your love life :)

KC said...

I'm so happy for you Ruff! May the coming days be filled with love.

*hugs*

wandering tsinelas said...

"I may have plenty, but I am not the sum total of all my failures." -


I like this one from your last year's post.

my. it's been a long time. :)

oakleyses said...

new balance, timberland pas cher, nike roshe run uk, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, hollister pas cher, polo lacoste, coach purses, nike tn, nike air force, true religion outlet, sac hermes, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer pas cher, true religion jeans, coach outlet store online, lululemon canada, nike air max uk, burberry handbags, michael kors, ray ban pas cher, uggs outlet, true religion outlet, north face uk, coach outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet online, ralph lauren uk, guess pas cher, kate spade, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet online, ray ban uk, vans pas cher, hollister uk, nike free uk, sac vanessa bruno, uggs outlet, replica handbags, burberry outlet, hogan outlet, north face, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk

oakleyses said...

herve leger, valentino shoes, hollister, nike trainers uk, longchamp uk, iphone cases, mont blanc pens, ghd hair, nike air max, jimmy choo outlet, converse, converse outlet, insanity workout, lancel, beats by dre, nike air max, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, mcm handbags, oakley, hollister clothing, nike huaraches, nike roshe run, asics running shoes, reebok outlet, timberland boots, vans outlet, ray ban, hermes belt, north face outlet, celine handbags, north face outlet, louboutin, instyler, gucci, abercrombie and fitch, baseball bats, chi flat iron, p90x workout, lululemon, bottega veneta, soccer shoes, soccer jerseys, nfl jerseys, hollister, babyliss, wedding dresses, vans, ferragamo shoes, new balance shoes

oakleyses said...

ugg uk, doudoune moncler, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, canada goose, pandora jewelry, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, hollister, supra shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler, links of london, canada goose, louis vuitton, replica watches, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, pandora jewelry, wedding dresses, moncler, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, pandora uk, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, moncler outlet, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, swarovski, coach outlet, ugg, moncler, thomas sabo, moncler uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, toms shoes